Saturday, May 2, 2015

Granite Is In or Backsplash Is Not

My new yellow sunset granite counters look gorgeous and definitely add value to the home. The best part, for me, was someone else put them in for me. Don't get me wrong, I love to DIY, but sometimes it's just nice for a project to be done. Here are some delicious pictures. Of course the kitchen is still a mess. The sink make look done, but right now the garbage disposal drains to the floor...got to make a quick trip to the hardware store.




I'm really loving this one huge basin for my sink. The undermount is always a plus. If you're wondering how I came to this decision - 1. Undermount makes kitchen cleanup easy. You can wipe all of your crumbs and spills right into the sink. 2. The struggle with oversized pots, pans, cookie sheets, you name it will hopefully be quelled now. 


The faucet is from Pfister and has a pull down sprayer. My last kitchen faucet had the pull down sprayer and it's pretty much the greatest kitchen invention since the dishwasher. I also like the clean look of one fixture instead of a spread. 


So shiny that it reflects the ceiling light fixture. Loving the veining.


Now of course this has left me without a backsplash and I would like to replace all of the outlets and switches. The current ones are grimey and yellowed...ewww.

Check us out soon to see how deciding the backsplash is going and to learn how to switch out outlets and switches... Wow, that's a tricky sentence. If you have any ideas for the backsplash I would love to hear them, just leave a comment at the bottom.

Have a great day and thanks for checking in,

No comments:

Post a Comment